Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Dress a Day Link


Had a fantastic conversation with Lara of Smith and Bird this morning. Talked textiles, refashioning, Swaperama, craft books, yarn bombing, the Mandurah Stretch Festival and Etsy. But the best thing to come out of our chit chat was the link Lara sent me http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/about/ Go to it. On the site you will find a woman who has committed to not buying new clothes for a whole year and at the same time wishes to get her creative juices flowing. She has set herself a budget of $1 a day with which to buy one used item of clothing which she then refashions. I started to look at all the photos but realised I could sit there all day and had to drag myself away. But I have signed up to get the daily posts. Very inspiring, now instead of continually being attracted to anything from the 80's in op shops I'm off to look for big and blousey! Making friends again with my Pfaff....

No comments:

Post a Comment